Hi Dark,

Well, let me explain a few things you probably don't know or
understand about operating systems in general.

First most operating systems have a default account called a root,
admin, or super user account that allows the administrator to access
everything, install software, remove software, etc. However, for
security reasons on networks and even for home use it is very very
very insecure to run the computer all the time using that admin
account. It opens the door to all kinds of security problems like
viruses, worms, trojans, you name it.

For that reason every operating system developer out there including
Microsoft strongly recommends you create at least two accounts. One
for performing admin/super user things like software installation and
removal, and a second standard account with no admin rights at all for
day to day operation of the system.  This would provide the end user
the maximum security possible as long as they have it setup correctly.

If I may be canded with you, but running the OS with a single admin
account is extremely stupid from a technical and security standpoint.
I realise everyone wants to go the easy route, just boot up into
Windows without any extra accounts, passwords, whatever, but what they
don't know or don't care about is the fact it is very risky when it
comes to security. If we, that is end users, aren't careful people
will whipe out your data,steel any valuable information you may have
stored on your computer, whatever all because of a lack of initiative
to insure you have done everything possible to safeguard it. Using
multiple accounts, at least one with no admin rights, will stop a
number of potential security problems.

Second, all operating systems weather it be Windows, Mac OS, Linux,
etc are designed for the business and corperate environment. Since it
is likely many people may have access to the network or terminal it
makes sense to give each user his or her own account on the system. It
would make absolutely no sense for company x to remove this ability
for home users and have the ability for businesses etc. It works just
as well in either environment, and they aren't going to change it for
reasons stated above.

Finally, as for your obvious dislike or problems associated with user
accounts you sound like a person who has had a bad experience and now
is blaming the wrong thing for your problems. I don't really know what
you mean by it doing strange things when logging in or going "wonky"
but I've got multiple accounts set up for my family on our Windows PC
and there is absolutely nothing "wonky" or strange about how it works.
I've never had any problems with user accounts in general so I'm
afraid I do not understand where this hostility towards user accounts
comes from. Perhaps if you have that much of a problem with it you
need to consult with a computer expert who can explain things better.
All I can tell you is that it is both a necessity, and you are going
to have to accept it as a good and worthwhile security feature of the
OS.

Cheers!