Hi Dark,

yeah. I know what you mean. I was just giving you an example of how an
editor might work.

Obviously, you might team up with the Klingon ship, Quvaht, to hunt
down ships aligned with the House of Duras who are trying to over
throw the Klingon government. Obviously, in a case like that you would
need specific ship names in order to keep from blasting your own
people. Star Trek, as you pointed out, is usually more complex than
just blasting away at unnamed Romulan, Klingon, or Cardassian
warships.

For instance, Commander Sela, commands the Goraxus. As she shows up in
a number of Star Trek epasodes I could foresee her ship showing up in
the game somewhere. Sela, doesn't like the Federation too much, and
she has some  personal issues with the Enterprise in particular. It
would just seem logical that main villains like Sela would be there
somewhere.

Interesting enough your mission idea reminds me of the TNG epasode the
wounded. That's the one where the Phoenix's captain goes rogue, and
the Enterprise is called into help the Cardassians hunt down the
Phoenix. The Enterprise and the Cardassian ship Trager eventually stop
the Phoenix before he starts a war between the Cardassians and
Federation. That's a perfect kind of mission for a game like this.

Cheers!