HI Dark,

Well said. In fact, I've truly enjoyed the discussions we have had
over the past few days as it has largely changed the direction of the
USA Games Interactive marketing strategy. One of those things to come
out of it is that it makes more business sense not to splash the fact
I'm a blind developer writing games for the blind all over the
website. Instead, if I make changes to my games that might appeal to
mainstream as well as other groups like deaf-blind players I could in
theory reclassify USA Games Interactive as an indi game developer
rather than an accessible games developer etc.

One thing you and I both agree on it is very difficult to overcome
mainstream stereotypes, and it is better if we begin finding
productive ways to make the public aware that we are people just like
them.  To help find ways to ease the transition from the "he's blind"
reaction to get them to see us as people who simply can't see, but are
otherwise fairly normal. That is assuming their is such a thing as
normal, but that's another issue for another time.

Anyway, as a game developer I can see some pretty simple ways to help
set USA Games on a course where blind and sighted gamers could
concievably encounter each other and mingle. If I created a browser
based game like Sryth, for example, I could make money while at the
same time produce a style of game that is cross-platform, accessible,
and equally enjoyed by blind, deaf-blind, and mainstream gamers alike.
Its a simple matter of using the lowest common denominator approach.
Use the one thing we all have in common and build up from it.

I don't know how productive adding graphics would be to my games as
Che said it was pretty much a failure when he tried it with his card
games. Still it might be worth a try for some games just to see where
it leads. Unfortunately, anything as complex as Mysteries of the
Ancients would be out simply because I'd have to compete with the real
Tomb Raider games which are already far more complex then I'm able to
program myself. The graphics technology in the Legend engine used in
Underworld, Legend, and Anniversary is pretty fantastic I'm told.
Nobody is going to pay for a knock-off of Tomb Raider when they can
buy the real thing.

Cheers!