From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:34 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Castaways version 1.5b Random maps, muting,and
leatherworkers

Version 1.5b has just been posted.  I am still working on the multi language
feature, the multiplayer features, and the ability to change the priorities
of your workers, but I did get enough stuff done that I felt a new update
was in order.

When you go to play a mission, you will notice a new field in the menu list.
Default map means that you will play the mission using the map designed to
go along with this mission.  Pressing enter on this selection will change it
to Random map.  Random maps will provide an extra challenge, because they
were not specifically designed to control how quickly things happened.  For
example, if there is randomly more open space leading off of the map, then
Goblins will have more places to invade in from.

To keep things as stable as possible, picking the random map option actually
randomizes in a somewhat unusual way.  The size of the map will remain the
same, and water landmarks will not be changed.  All of the trees and rocks
are randomly moved around but you still end up with the same number of each.
Also, the number of trees and rocks that normally fell along the outer edges
of the map will still be the same, as an effort to give the Goblins
approximately the same number of ways into your land.

When you use delete to destroy a building you have already built, you will
receive half of the construction materials back as salvaged supplies.  If
the number of supplies can't be evenly divided in half, it is rounded up to
the next whole number.  So destroying a house, which originally cost you 3
lumber and 3 bricks, would give you 2 lumber and 2 bricks back.

To balance things differently, Butchers are only able to create a fur 33
percent of the time they work on an animal carcass.  Many users reported a
huge stockpile of furs building up as they played, and I felt the need to
change things around a little.  Upgraded butchers are 66 percent successful
at salvaging furs.

Monks no longer use cloth to create tomes!  Peasants will carry furs to your
new Tannery, where a leatherworker will transform 1 fur into 1 piece of
leather.  3 pieces of leather are now required to create a tome.  The
leather working chain will be expanded upon in mission 3, when that is
eventually added.  Monks now take 25 percent less time to create a tome, and
unlike any other job, they will tell you how close they are to competition
when you check on their progress.  Monks now double as leatherworkers.

Leatherworkers will double as butchers, when they have free time.

Hopefully combining the suggestions of so many people, the message mute list
has finally been finished.  Press shift and ` (grauve key) to bring it up,
arrow through it, and press enter to toggle the settings.  These settings
are remembered from game to game, so don't forget that you've muted
something.  Rather than being job specific, many of the messages are now
more generalized ideas such as the delivery of raw materials.  As always,
I'm open to suggestions for adjusting this system, so please give it a try
and see if you like it.

The Readme.txt, Buildingguide.txt, and jobs guide.rft files have all been
updated.  the Jobs guide now includes information about how upgrading
different jobs changes them.