Hi Dark,

Yeah, I know that. I too am a bit of a historian and while I was
majoring in computer science I was  working twards a degree in
hhistory since I love history. In any case you are right.

They often made beer and ail because they were afraid of drinking
straight water. The funny part of that was that they didn't know it
was the fact they had to boil the water, mix it with the grains used
in beer/ail, that purified the water, and if they just boiled the
water without adding the grains etc they could have drank the water by
itself. Lol!

As Jeremy also said sometimes if they drank water they mixed it with
wine or some other alcoholic drink to purify the water. So you both
have good points. I just felt that adding water as a necessary natural
resource would be a good idea. Especially, if they wanted to make beer
or ail besides just wine.

Cheers!