Greetings jeremy.

I'm gathering up gun sounds now. Do you want sounds for the weapons I suggested? any other sounds you need? Would you mind if I replaced some of the existing ones?

kai

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp Ideas

I really like it Kai! :D I'm hoping to get some time to work on the game today, and I will probably be starting to implement some of these ideas. If anyone has weapon sounds that really seem to fit then I'd appreciate if you sent them to me. I have a few different gun sounds, but the rest are too quiet or have a different style to them so that they don't seem to match the current game.

Weapons:
Pistol: six-bullet capacity, medium range, high clip spawn
rate, low recovery time between shots, moderate damage.
Shotgun: Two-bullet capacity, short range, moderate clip
spawn rate, moderate recovery time between shots, high
damage.
Rifle: Five-bullet capacity, long range, moderate clip
spawn rate, high recovery time between shots, high damage.
Uzi: Thirty-bullet capacity, medium range, low clip spawn
rate, low recovery time between shots, low damage.
Club: No bullet capacity, close range, low damage.
Knife: No bullet capacity, close range, low damage.
Grenade: Start with four, high damage within blast radius,
low spawn rate.

Zombie types:
Standard: Moderate speed, moderate health, short reach,
moderate damage, high spawn rate.
Canine: fast speed, Low health, short reach, moderate
damage, moderate spawn rate.
Large: Low speed, high health, long reach, moderate damage,
low spawn rate.
Giant: Low speed, extreme health, long reach, high damage,
very low spawn rate.

Items:
Med kit: Restores 5 to 10% health, moderate spawn rate.
Vest: Low damage absorb.
Reinforced vest: Moderate damage absorb.
Combat vest: High damage absorb.

Killing a zombie would cause one of the above items to
spawn, in effect you're salvaging items that the zombie has
for one reason or another decided to keep from previous
victims. Every minute (just as an example), the fallen body
of a victim spawns at a random place on the map. Finding the
body allows the player to find up to three items.

the low/moderate/high values listed above are relative, of
course, so even high doesn't mean "high", just that it's
more effective than other items of its class.
Giant zombies should also have their own footstep sounds,
except for whilst traveling through water sectors.

Kai