Hi Jeremy,
I have always thought that in order for accessible games to evolve,
they have to get closer to the standards that their inaccessible
counterparts are at.  therefore, i'm fully in favour of you changing
the layout to suit the need of the game.  i know this may sound harsh,
but if people arn't willing to attempt to learn how to use traditional
fps controls for example and want to make a fuss about it, then there
are plenty of simpler games out there.  i know for many even me it
won't be easy at first, but practice makes perfect right?
just my thoughts.