I am personally very interested in learning the use of a mouse for game
control, and so will happily go with you.  If you were charging for the
game, then I'd recommend that you make allowances for those who wish to only
use the keyboard, but since it's free, I'd suggest that you do what's best
for the development of the game, which I thoroughly enjoy even now in its
primitive state.  I say move ahead and let us figure it out right along with
you.

        Chris Bartlett