I never changed your hearing range, only the range at which guns can reach
zombies.  If you didn't find any zombies, my guess is that the 10 players
online had recently cleared them out of that area or the zombies were off
chasing tasty people in hopes of getting a snack.

I am so utterly frustrated with these bugs.  It really does seem like the
server is mixing up the players and therefore causing everyone's reputation,
experience, and level to keep changing.  The problem is, I've checked the code
multiple times looking for that exact situation with no luck.  I just can't
think of another problem that could so perfectly account for the current
symptoms.