Hi Jim,

What version of Jaws are you running. When I play Atlantic City
Blackjack using Jaws 13 it reads the text automatically. I did notice
though with NVDA it attempts to read the screen automatically, but
stutters as the text scrolls onto the screen. However, Jaws 13 seems
to work fine with the game.

HTH