Hi Thomas,

Depending on the category I can answer every question as well.  But due to lack 
of education or lack of interest there are categories that I would not know a 
single question.  You know maybe like opera, classical music, Broadway shows, 
current movies or current pop culture.  But that is also why I mostly write 
games with random elements rather than puzzles.  I mean if I know the answers 
to the game, where would be the fun for me to play it?

BFN

----- Original Message -----

Hi Jim,

Well, I don't own a database of questions either, but I'm pretty sure I could create one pretty easily. Thanks to my college education I often times can hold my own when listening to Jeopardy, and my extensive studying of history, geography, science, art, and music could probably be used to create the beginnings of a decent database. Plus I suppose I could always purchase the board game from the store, and use it as a starter database as well.

The only problem I have with Trivia and quiz games is that since the developer has to know the answer to every question asked there is no way he or she can lose unless there is some kind of custom database created by other gamers. That's where your Trivia engine comes in handy because if I create a Trivia file I will know the correct answers, but if someone else created the file I won't necessarily know all the answers. So I would say that having some way to add custom databases or quiz files would be necessary here.

On 5/25/2012 10:28 AM, Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

You make a very good point about spelling the answers in a Jeopardy game. And the multiple choice doesn't seem to be a real good solution either. My other problem with making a Jeopardy game is that I do not own a data base of questions and answers. That is what has been nice about people creating and sharing trivia files for my trivia game engine.

BFN

    Jim

Computers run on smoke. Yep, that's why that if you see all of the smoke coming out of your computer it ain't gonna run no more.

[email protected]
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA
---

    Jim

Why did the bird cross the kitchen? Too eat, too eat!

[email protected]
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to