Hi Dark,

I'm definitely the opposite there. I really don't like classical music
much and my strengths would be country, pop, and rock. Especially, if
discussing artists from the 70's and 80's since that is mainly what I
listen to when I listen to music.

For example, if someone were to look at my music collection on disc
they'd discover I have two very large cases full of discs spanning the
1970's and 1980's. I've got everything from mixed collections of one
hit wonders to entire discographies of certain artests. Hall & Oats,
Madonna, Heart, Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, Pat Benatar, Tears for
Fears, the Eagles, etc. You name it I probably got it.

Therefore if I got into a category of classic rock I could do very
well. Not only with my own extensive knowledge of the 70's and 80's,
when I grew up, I'm familiar with the rock groups of my parent's
generation such as the Beattles, Rolling Stones, Lesley Gore, Buddy
Holly, the Yard Birds, etc. So even though I don't own a lot of 50's
and 60's music myself I do know the songs and who sang them.

As far as movies goes that really depends on the category. Growing up
I mainly was interested in sci-fi movies like Star Trek, Star Wars,
Back to the Future, and the various B movies from the 50's and 60's
like Forbidden Planet or Creature from the Black Lagoon. In a case
like that I'd probably do well.

 However, when it comes to comedy, romance, drama, etc it would be
pretty up in the air. I watch those movies with my family, but they
aren't what I have an interest in normally on my own so would probably
be rather weak in that particular area. Although, I'm probably more
open to new movies right now simply because my wife and I often rent
movies to watch on the weekend so that sort of keeps me in touch with
who's who in the current movie industry.

Cheers!




On 5/27/12, dark <[email protected]> wrote:
> Now that's ironic jim, sinse I myself am pretty good on classical music,
> passable at opera (though due to too much vibrato it's not something I do
> hugely, albeit that I can sing a fair few operatic peaces), but often get
> stumped on pop music or celebrity related film or tv stuff.
>
> I am also relatively okay with history and science as well, but I always
> find when I'm answering questions to quiz shows there are far too many that
>
> point to current trends, recent reality tv or tallent things or current
> celibrities, that, as someone who doesn't have any interest in that type of
>
> thing can't answer at all.
>
> Btw, I really liked one half of the "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"
> idea, carting lots of useless supposedly famous people off into the jungle
> far from civilization. The only problem was, they had to bring them back!
> :D.
>
> Beware the grue!
>
> Dark.

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://mail.audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to