On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Benson Margulies
<bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears to me that we have a consensus here on using a majority system
> with a 3/4 supermajority. I'd like to establish the existence of this
> consensus with a minimum of fuss, and begin to stop wasting everyone's
> time. Our goal here is to achieve consensus, not to hold votes. So, I'm
> going to treat this as a lazy consensus issues. I'm going to watch this
> thread for an additional 72 hours. If anyone objects to this consensus,
> send along a brief summary of your objection with a -1. If there are, in
> fact, substantive objections, I'll organize a separate vote process to
> resolve this. Please do not debate objections here, we'll do that later if
> we have to. Everyone's had a fair opportunity to state their opinion, so
> the only thing we're doing now is ensuring that no one is harboring a
> serious objection that I have somehow overlooked. Acquiescing in this
> process does not prejudice the discussion of changing the PMC.

I'd prefer we stick with consensus but not enough to vote against this.

However as no one has mentioned this I do think its worth pointing out
that when using supermajority instead of consensus or simple majority
then the phrasing of the vote becomes important.

Eg. Say 16 people participate in a vote then:
"Throw the guy out" needs 5 -1s to stop it happening
"Let the guy stay" needs 12 +1s to make it happen.

   ...ant