Yes, please read that thread, and my response.

Yes, DataStax’ current response would make this a hostile fork, but I think
they should be given a chance to reconsider their stance.

The ASF doesn’t want to accept hostile forks. I understand and agree with that.

They can block a move to the ASF, but they can’t block a fork of the project
moving elsewhere. Strong communities will regroup and live on. DataStax'
reluctance to allow it could very easily be interpreted as a rejection of the
ASF governance model or the Foundation itself.

DataStax has every right to block this. I also think it would behoove them not
to for many reasons.

Can we wait and see if DataStax is willing to do the right thing before
shooting down the proposal as a hostile fork?

-Taylor