On Sep 29, 2016 19:22, "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They can block a move to the ASF, but they can’t block a fork of the
project moving elsewhere. Strong communities will regroup and live on.
DataStax' reluctance to allow it could very easily be interpreted as a
rejection of the ASF governance model or the Foundation itself.

Yes, the community could certainly launch their fork at GitHub or some
such. DataStax provided them with that ability via the ALv2 license. The
ASF is not a necessary step for that community.

> Can we wait and see if DataStax is willing to do the right thing before
shooting down the proposal as a hostile fork?

My vote remains -1. That can change, based on their choices.

Cheers,
-g