On 5/3/02 3:06 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>>> So much like xml.apache.org deals with XML, db.apache.org will deal
>>> with databases (maybe even collaborate with xml.apache.org/xindice in
>>> future).
>>
>> So I propose that we put together a proposal for a db.apache.org.  We should
>
> I don't believe this comes even close to a db.apache.org - ObjectBridge
> still has to prove itself as a jakarta project, and most other db
> projects are not even there.

Hm.

I'll iterate : the point isn't just for it to be OJB, but to put together a
package of projects that want to do this.  I think the only way for it to be
a strong apache community is if it has a large amount of apache
participation.  The only way to do that is to get something else in there
*other* than OJB, as my read of the dev list shows apache people to be a
small minority.

> As I said, I'm perfectly fine with a project just for ObjectBridge.

And as I said, so am I.

> The only reason for a larger scope ( db.jakarta.org ) was to have
> a larger community, maybe get more code shared and bring more light
> to the other db technologies in jakarta.

Yes

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.