You mean this, taken from the page, don't you?

<h1>
#if ($request.getParameter("name") == null)
   Hello World
#else
   Hello, $request.getParameter("name")
#end
</h1>

At least if you're using JSP/JSTL, you don't have to explain method calls to
your "non-programmer designers".

> Than the bunch of pseudo XML programming language junk you quoted
> above...ouch, my hands hurt just looking at that...oh wait, people are
> supposed to use GUI drag and drop for all of that
> stuff...yea...right...
>
> Oh yea, should I mention that Velocity syntax has remained
> unchanged since
> it was first released as 1.0 (back in April 2001)? I wonder
> how many times
> JSP/JSTL/Struts/FooBar syntax will need to be brought 'up to date'...

I see no syntax changes, only new tags and attributes.

--
Martin Cooper