on 2002/10/7 5:41 PM, "Martin Cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of course, I know Velocity fans won't like this any better, but if you bring
> the JSP example on that page up to date, using JSTL, you'll have this:
>
> <c:choose>
> <c:when test="${empty param.name}">
>   Hello World
> </c:when>
> <c:otherwise>
>   Hello, <c:out value="${param.name}"/>
> </c:otherwise>
> </c:choose>

I dunno about you, but I would much rather teach my non-programmer designers
to type:

#if ($foo)
 Hello, $foo
#else
 Hello World
#end

Than the bunch of pseudo XML programming language junk you quoted
above...ouch, my hands hurt just looking at that...oh wait, people are
supposed to use GUI drag and drop for all of that stuff...yea...right...

Oh yea, should I mention that Velocity syntax has remained unchanged since
it was first released as 1.0 (back in April 2001)? I wonder how many times
JSP/JSTL/Struts/FooBar syntax will need to be brought 'up to date'...

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco