Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the information! You know what I like about you? It is the
faith that you have in yourself and in the fact that you know it all...

> Where I work, lots of people talk about "maybe we should use
> cactus", and heck there are those who use all sorts of things from the
> Java Developers Journal that they have insufficient knowledge and
> experience to carry off.  (Yes you can write an object cache...  But
why
> would you, and why would you do it in your stateless session beans)...
> But cactus is a well kept secret.  Its one that gets whispered often.
>
> From my limited experience, marketing (ugh!) is just as important as
> anything else to increase your community size.

Interesting... However, I do believe the opposite (and maybe I am
wrong)! I believe Cactus is victim of its success ... rather than it's
lack of ...

If you check the cactus stats
(http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/stats/index.html), you will find it is
receiving quite a lot of attention (1500-2500 visits per day). It gets
between 500-1500 downloads per day which is quite honorable for such a
"niche" project (not only it is unit testing but only J2EE-related unit
testing).

Note: I don't like too much the stats from webalizer and I have started
using awstats
(http://jakarta.apache.org/~vmassol/awstats/awstats.jakarta.apache.org.h
tml) as an experiment. Much better stats I think (except the history).

Cactus is well advertised and easy to find (junit, google, a book with
Cactus in the title, several others having a chapter on Cactus, several
articles on the web, reviews in magazines, a book in progress I am
writing, etc).

I completely agree with you on marketing which is why I have worked on
that since day one of Cactus ... I may not be doing enough of it (who
does?) but it already takes all my night time work ... ;-)

That said, I only wish to learn and I would love to know some more
tricks from you!

Thanks
-Vincent

> -Andy
>
> On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 10:23, Vincent Massol wrote:

Cactus