Ok, maybe this is the right place and time.

I ve seen Howard talking about Tapestry, then I decided to take a better look at it.
At the first look, it seems as a
small front controller and a template engine. What I cant understand is why does
Jakarta keep getting new M or
V or C subprojects that almost compete with each other, instead concentrating forces
in a single one.

In JCP I ve seen Apache refusing a JSR (JSF if I am not wrong) because it would go
directly "against" Struts. But
Jakarta is doing this to itself!

I can understand having OJB even with Torque, its very different and it will be JDO.
What I dont get is Tapestry
AND Velocity AND EL AND Struts taglib AND maybe something that I dont know.

Sorry if I didnt get what is the real Jakarta proposal. And Howard, I am really not
complaining about Tapestry, it
is just one example (I reallylike the idea of removing all links and URLs from
templates). I really dont want a
flame.

thanks

Paulo

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:41:56 -0500, "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu
: