I don't think this is an attitude we want to promote. Unless I've
been hoodwinked, the purpose of Apache (sub)projects is not to put
companies out of business. It may be an unfortunate and unintended
side-effect, but not a motivating goal or metric for success. Your
statement about causing Microsoft (or any other company for that matter)
to start

flirting with open file formats (I'm sure it will be "open" in that

is much healthier.

Thats why it was under the "personal" header. I would like to put this company out of business. Its one of my personal measures of success. (With POI I'm only aiming for one particular business unit, I have another project which will put Acutate out of business, more on this later).

So while Apache might not exist to do that, everyone needs a hobby right? This is mine. :-)

-Andy

daniel