On 4/9/06, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

> Ideally, a sandbox project should be "adopted" by its closest living
> relative, and use that project's list until it grows up. This
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] idea looks more like a communal orphanage to me...
>
> Of course if a big bunch of people volunteer to join this proposed
> sandbox community then that would resolve my concerns.

<snap/>

This is where the prior discussion thread stalled in my mind: adoption
and visibility. Having worked on code in both Taglibs and Commons
sandboxes recently, IMO, anything that can give these projects greater
Jakarta visibility is good since quite a few projects/components in
the existing sandboxes [1],[2] are looking for "developer support". It
remains to be seen whether the new SVN auth will help here.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/ (see nav bar)