1.11.2005, 11:00:22, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Aren't those messages displayed after the damage is done ? Typical use :

> - emerge --sync run as a daily cron job
> - emerge -a mysql
> - great, a new version is there. Typing "Yes"
> - system gets borken
> - emerge spits out message saying 14 files need updating and there is 1
> unread news item

> I'm probably missing something here. Please elaborate on how this GLEP
> meets the "Preemptive" design goal...

I'm probably missing something obvious here, because I can't see why *existing*
emerge --changelog code cannot be recycled for this feature to display upgrade
messages when running emerge -uDav world...

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)