James Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > No ! LibGGI works on any platform that has fbdev or X or SVGAlib.
> >
> > Sure, ...
> >
> > GGI-fbdev never worked fine on my AGA based amiga. And that aside
> > from the keyboard problem on some of the demos.
>
> What is the problem so we can fix it?

I don't know if it's related at all, but I had problems with GGI-fbdev
on my SPARCstation with cgsix as well.

The first problem was that cgsix doesn't support changing resolution;
it produced an error, because every ggi-demo seemed to set some
resolution. The cgsix is set to 1152x900x8.

By looking at the CVS-sources on the web, I noticed that the mmapping
is done with this (correct if I'm wrong):

priv->fb_ptr = mmap(NULL, priv->mmap_size, PROT_READ | priv->PROT_WRITE,
                    MAP_SHARED, LIBGGI_FD(vis), 0);

This will not work on the cgsix, because it needs an offset of
0x70016000 when mmapping the display. Similar, but other values on
other cards. I think cgthree needs offset 0x04000000, although I
haven't tested that.

Greetings,

Tomas