On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 05:49 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> On 03/10/16 22:33, why...@f-cpu.org wrote:
> >

> Why ?  Instead of translating the AST to mcode, you can write a pass
> that transform it into a netlist.  That was always on my TODO list,
> just have to find the time to do it.
>
> Tristan.

How would one go about it?

It seems to me that the "ortho" language would be a good place to start
- looks like it can already be read and written independently of the
backend, and its reader is relatively simple - how does this relate to
the AST?

Is it actually a representation of the AST or has it already been
linearised by a tree walker?

Would it nevertheless be a possible place to start, or would it be
better to go further back, and if so, where in the source?

(I'm guessing, that would be the input to "translate")

-- Brian