On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:02:05AM +0200, Christoph Rauch wrote:
> > > I think it's a great step in the right direction. The gimp.org
> > > discussion ist really not young and hasn't shown any visible
> > > results yet. The Gimp User Group has been aiming at redesigning
> > > (both content and appearance) of gimp.org for a long while and
> > > we would appreciate to see final decisions to start working.
> > well, you will not see final decisions until we see a proposal how
> > you want to do the new site. I hope that now that this discussion
> > came up again, a bunch of people will get together, discuss the
> > topic and settle on the infrastructure they want to use and start
> > implementing it...
> So this really could have been a "chicken and egg" problem.

Yes, it seemed very "chicken and egg" to me. That's why I just started
doing something on my own.  I have already made about half of the
decisions in Christoph's excellent list -- but I doubt that most
people will agree with all of those decisions.  Maybe someone will
find _something_ useful in what I have done.

   Tom Rathborne     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/   |
 I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my  | H
 complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the | A
 greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you. | L