Am Fre, 2001-10-05 um 21.47 schrieb 1002311231:

> It is like the GIMP help.  We write the help in DocBook SGML.

It is SGML right now but is written with XML compatibility in mind
so we would simply need to flip a switch (in every file that is)
to have full XML.

> It can be converted to cool stuff including PDF.
> Pippin has been writing our SGML to PDF converter.

If you don't mind to be corrected here: I wrote the SGML-TeX converter
which is used for the PDF output by feeding the intermediate .tex file
into pdflatex. pippin helped me with his TeX and layouting skills to
make the output much better.