Hi,

RaphaŽl Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> And page 5 (monitor calibration) should definitely be skipped. Get
>> the resolution my default from the monitor, as we do, and allow
>> manual calibration in the preferences.
>
> Yes, why not.

The question here is "Why?". I don't see any good reason to skip this
page. The monitor resolution needs to be set, why do want to force the
user to find out where she can do this? Doing it during the user
installation is a perfectly good place to present the user with this
choice. I do not at all understand the reasoning behind simpliying the
user installation. GIMP is not a simple app, we can not and we do not
want to hide it's complexity. Why should we?

Sven