On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:44:25PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> Hi,
> Manish Singh wrote:
> > A PDB revamp is planned.
> How far along is the planning? I have heard of Rock's libpdb,
> which I believe he wants to finish for 2.2, but I hadn't heard
> any concrete plans for the often-mentioned forthcoming PDB
> re-write.

There hasn't been any real planning, other than planning to do some planning
after 2.0 is out. All I was saying is that we haven't forgot about it.
> What requirements would the new PDB have?

Not clear yet. I don't think we should really touch the PDB for 2.2, if
we want to do a short release cycle for that.

There's a number of issues to be addressed, like GEGL node support,
efficiency, UI generation, distributed processing, and macro recording