Michael Schumacher ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Dave Neary wrote:
> >Anyway - people kind of missed the whole point of me sending that to the
> >list... this person mailed me off-list because he saw me as someone
> >"safe" to talk to. That's not a nice way to have things on our mailing
> >list. What can we do to change that?
>
> Did you ask them why they think you are "safe" to talk to - and maybe
> even more interesting, why others don't seem to be "safe"?

Well, talking to a potentially huge audience is always a hurdle,
especially when you might feel uncomfortable expressing yourself in a
non-native language.

And also unfortunately gimp-devel does not have a reputation as a
particularily friendly list. People on this list will happily pin you
down on your errors as well as brusquely discarding ideas as dumb or
non-productive.

Ok, I admit that mentioning errors or discussing the pros/cons of an
idea is important, but frequently I am bothered by the tone of these

Ok, this is a bit of a rant and I am unsure on how to turn this into a
productive mail (except repeating known recipes on how to write good
mails). So please bear with me  :-)

Bye,
        Simon
--