Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Thus far, no-one on the web team has said anything about the
matter. It would be nice if someone would say "sure, send screenshots
to me". I don't feel comfortable changing anything in the gimp-web
module any more.

Well, I am afraid that it won't work that way. If you or me feel that the screenshots on www.gimp.org need work, then it's up to you or me to do something about it.

It was made very clear to me that my help wasn't wanted with the website. In those conditions, I'm not going to put myself out. There are plenty of things for me to do besides.

That's not going to stop me making comments on where I think things could be improved though. We don't turn away bug reports without patches - opening a bug report is helping already. Likewise, if the screenshots section of the site needs work, I'm not going to think to myself "better not say that the screenshots section of the site needs work because I'm not welcome on the web team".

If the web-site concerns you,
then you should be willing to touch it. If you aren't willing to do
any changes to gimp-web CVS module, then you should IMO refrain from
asking for changes.  Doing so only shows disrespect for the people
working on the site.

Does asking for changes to be made to the GIMP show disrespect for mitch or yourself or any of the other people working on the GIMP? I really don't follow this point.

I'll repeat it - I'm happy to help out occasionally on the website. I have lots of other things to do, though, so if I'm not welcome, I'm not going to do anything. In any case, I don't think that I would be able to provide very good screenshots. However, I'm sure there are lots of power users out there who would love to, and currently they don't have anyone to send screenies to.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary