On Saturday 05 February 2005 15:15, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I recall having a lot of problems trying to compile either 2.4 or
> > 2.6.
>
> There is not much software that is more straight-forward to build than
> GTK+. If you have problems to build GTK+, you should ask. But please
> don't spread FUD about it being a complex and unsolvable problem.

Sven, I don't believe Mr. Krawitz has been spreading FUD about it. What he
said was:

<<<
I was able to install GTK 2.4 from usr-local-bin.org, but they don't
have 2.6 up at this time.  I recall having a lot of problems trying to
compile either 2.4 or 2.6.

He did not say it may necessary be the case, just that it was the case for
him. I don't consider what he said as FUD-spreading.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish