Hi,

Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The GTK+ 2.4 file-chooser already allows you to type in a filename
> after you press Ctrl-L. In GTK+-2.6 however you just start typing and
> navigate to the file using the typeahead feature of the treeview. You
> will only sometimes need to use the Ctrl-L popup.

Oh, and before more people ask about the keybindings:

  Alt- Up     Go up a folder.
              (left in the path-bar at the top of the dialog)

  Alt-Down    Go down a folder.
              (right in the path-bar at the top of the dialog)

  Alt-Home    Go to the home directory.

  Ctrl-L      Open the Location entry.

  /           Open the Location entry and enter '/' into it.

Other shortcuts are available as mnemonics in the dialog and should be
obvious enough not to mention them here.

We should probably add this information to the user manual.