From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:19:14 +0100

   Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   > That's terribly obvious :-(  If the entry box isn't visible, how is
   > anyone to know that you can actually do this?

   You can do that in all treeviews (at least all treeviews that set a
   search column). This is something that the user has to be told once
   but since it's available all over the place, that shouldn't be much
   of a problem.

Every other file dialog I've ever seen has a visible entry for typing
in a filename.  It's not clear to me why there's any advantage at all
to not having it visible.  It just seems like a gratuitous

Project lead for Gimp Print   --

--Eric Crampton