From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:57:59 +0100

   Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   > I thought it was supposed to allow actually typing in a filename?
   > The really bad point of the 2.4 file selector is that (at least as
   > far as I can see) it only allows selecting a file, not typing the
   > pathname (at least, I don't see any text entry box!)

   The GTK+ 2.4 file-chooser already allows you to type in a filename
   after you press Ctrl-L. In GTK+-2.6 however you just start typing
   and navigate to the file using the typeahead feature of the
   treeview. You will only sometimes need to use the Ctrl-L popup.

That's terribly obvious :-(  If the entry box isn't visible, how is
anyone to know that you can actually do this?

--Eric Crampton