Just tried the healing brush for the first time, on an 8mp image with a 200px brush.
- Useually works ok for most tools.

With the healing brush it was very slow, thats ok too- I assume theres a lot of math to go for this tool

But after a click+drag it was so slow, it would not finish after about 2min... even worse, I could not move any windows or click anywhere while it was thinking.

Only quick way out was to kill X11 with a ctrl+alt+backspace. (or boot up another PC and kill the gimp via SSH)

it looks like this is more of a problem with the way gimp locks X11 then the healing tool its self.

- Cam