On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 15:37 -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:

> I don't see why the default settings for new installs should have any affect
> on the migration of an existing installation. A new install will wind up with
> rc files with all the default settings.

No, it won't, for purely technical reasons. The personal gimprc file
only stores settings that differ from the defaults. So if a user didn't
disable the color area in the toolbox, then there won't be an entry that
explicitely enables it. Now that we changed the default value, the color
area will disappear for this user.