On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 15:02 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> This is what we ended up in the last discussion. Anyone have some final
> comments or objections before I push this to master and port plug-ins to
> use this?

I wonder how much sense it makes to actually create a duplicate image.
Most export plug-ins will want to save what's visible. So it would be
better if we would use this chance to get away from the
copy-image-on-export semantics and let file plug-ins save the projection
instead. About a year ago I tried to change gimp-export-image so that it
does not create a duplicate, but that wasn't possible w/o breaking
backwards compatibility. Now would be a very good chance to get this
done right.