On 07/18/2009 09:10 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> The semantics of gimp_export_image() are complete crap (I wrote this
> code in the first place, so I have the right to say that). So let's not
> make this error worse by introducing a new function that has the same
> broken semantics. If you really need the semantics of
> gimp_export_image() as an interim solution, that's fine. But then we
> don't need to add an extra API for this. If you pass NULL as
> 'format_name' to gimp_export_image(), then it will not ask the user any
> dialogs. So it will do exactly what you proposed for
> gimp_export_prepare_image().

That would not be a good API, but as an interim solution it would work.
So the only API I will add to libgimp then is

   GtkWidget *
   gimp_export_dialog_new (const gchar *format_name,
                           const gchar *role,
                           const gchar *help_id)

   GtkWidget *
   gimp_export_dialog_get_content_area (GtkWidget *dialog)

Unless more complications arise I will add and port to this API soon

  / Martin