On Nov 3, 2009, at 1:46 AM, g...@catking.net wrote:

> sounds a bit like holding your mouse mat whilst using the mouse to
> stop
> it sliding around.
>
> I would suggest finding a _hardware_ solution to freeing up the other
> hand rather than forfeiting use of the keyboard.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread...

But in general the Wacom approach, at least on the high-end, seems to
be changing the hardware to free the user's hand from the keyboard.
Check the info on the Intuos4. With eight configurable buttons down
the non-dominant hand side (the tablet is switchable) and a four-mode
toggle touch wheel, there really is no reason to touch the keyboard in
order to get tab, ctrl, alt, shift...