Hi all,

On 13.11.2010 18:13, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 11/13/2010 05:48 PM, photocomix wrote:
>> The never used van gogh filter is in gimp from 1996 and survived all debates
>> and clean up  till now
> You can't know for sure that no one uses this plug-in in some script
> somewhere, and if we don't have a good reason to break our plug-in API,
> we don't do it. Impatience is not a good reason :)

Another thought:
cleaning up the menu tree is independent from preserving plugin API

Our van gogh could be sliced into two plugins: one plugin which installs just
the pdb functions (and resides in GIMP core), and a second plugin which resides
in the plugin registry and solely installs the menu entry.

Makes sense?!?