On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:03:46PM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 02:50:18AM +0100, David Odin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   I don't think I'm alone, since nobody complain about gimp perl any more
> > these days.
>
> They don't? Then why do I get so many complaints? ;)

  At least, on this list, I don't really see complaints but only unproductive
things as : 'This damned gimp-perl thing doesn't work'. I don't see
complaints here but just silly people.

> Indeed the installation is still very problematic, but unfortunately
> most of the problems are not under my control (and also affect all other
> non-trivial plug-ins like python or tiff_load/save).

  Once the installation has been done right once, everything goes right though.

> In any case, it is extremely nice to get a letter like yours from time to
> time ;)

  I guess! I'm just fed up reading people's messages that just says your work
is bad. I wanted to say that I think you're work is valuable. Even if it needs
some polishing.

  Oh, I have one complaint to make:
    I wanted to try the <Image>/Filter/Map/Xach Blocks script, just to see what
    it does. Unfortunately, it fails with this error :
    xacklego.pl: Unable to grok '0' as colour specifier at
    /usr/local/lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/xachlego.pl line 77 (ERROR)

    The line in question is:
      $gridlayer->plug_in_grid($blocksize, $blocksize, 0, 0);

 I don't know if you're the one who maintain this script, but you may want
 to know.

            Regards,

                     DindinX

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have nothing to do, don't do it here.