>> > The GIMP should really use the GNOME help browser instead of
>> > reinventing the wheel.
>> Will it be possible to get just the wheel without the rest of the car?
>Maybe I'm not the right person to say this, but WTF...
>What is the matter with the GIMP developers ? What is this adversion to

I am feed up of having to install full packages just to get one thing. With
some distros, this becomes even worse. And as I, there must be more people.

>Why not allow the user to choose his/her browser of choice ?
>With Netscape, Mozilla, the Gnome Help Browser, kfm, or even
>Lynx in an xterm as possible choices, I don't see any problem with this...

Now that are wise words: the user decides which browser. Lot of adventages,
and I do not see any disadventage (no HTML custom tricks? all HTML docs
should be "any browser", even if the browser is one with speaker for blind

So Gimp help should be a set of HTML files and a small exec to launch the
preferred browser (calling process already running if needed, a la moz remote).