On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 12:44:14PM +0000, Nick Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> case which can again cost us 2x -- 10x performance without a thought
> on mid-sized or large images.
>
> So Ewald, unless your critique of the Gimp tile system is going to
> get a bit more sophisticated I'd prefer to see time spent on fixing

Nick, he claims that his software can do the same operation faster on the
same machine with a linear memory representation.

So either he lies, he does not know how to measure, his software _is_ twice
as fast since the tile system in gimp is crap, his software does do something
completely different or...

You saying that the tile system in Gimp is faster is not useful.