On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 01:56:01PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > * Error Console (well, here it is, but where are my errors?)
>
> I don't see your problem. I do get my errors in the error-console. All
> that's missing IMO is a way to set the error_console as the default
> error_handler in the preferences. That should be easy and is definitely worth
> the effort.

Well, I think you hit the nail right on the head, I have seen this nice
Error Console dialog, and never found out how to get my errors reported
there. From your description it sounds like that's just some plumbing.

> > * Display Filters
>
> Are being worked on actively in the last time and the latest CVS version has
> a working Gamma filter.

Aha! Can someone talk about the intended use of the Gamma filter in Gimp?

How does this interact with the (mostly unused) gamma-correction setting
in the user's .gimp-1.1/gimprc file?

I would like to be able (optionally) to reflect PNG image gAMA settings
in the initial view of an image, and to save more accurate values for
gAMA when images are entering/ leaving the digital domain. Right now,
most users will just get 1 / 2.2 = 0.45 by default, but then almost
all apps ignore/abuse the gAMA chunk anyway...

Nick.