Kelly Lynn Martin spontaneously blurts out:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:27:16 -0600 (CST), Dean Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >EVERY gui developer (casual or not) should be required to read
> >Tufte's design books before being allowed to code.
>
> Heh.  Send me copies and I'll gladly read them. :)

For those of you who aren't familiar with Tufte's books:

        "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information" by Edward R. Tufte
                ISBN: 096139210X

        "Envisioning Information" by Edward R. Tufte
                ISBN: 0961392118

They are the Knuth-esque books for user interface stuff, not necessarily
computer stuff either. On amazon, they refer to it as "The Strunk & White
of visual design".

        -Dean Johnson
         Tool Hooligan
         Cluster Admin Tools & Jessie Project
         Silicon Graphics Inc.    Eagan,MN      (651) 683-5880

      "I am Dyslexic of Borg, Your Ass will be Laminated"    -- unknown