On Mon, 11 Dec 100, Miles O'Neal wrote: > A lot of people like them. You may not, but that doesn't > make them useless. They're there because people *wanted* them. > (In fact, they're handled in the Gtk, because people wanted > them. Have you looked at the Gtk customization, to see > whether they can be turned off?) They can't be turned off by GTK themes. The Gimp doesn't (at least from a quick glance at the source code) use the gtk_tearoff_menu_new or whatever is the hellish function for creating those things. Instead they are inserted into the gtk_item_factories or whatever, anyway, from reading the changelog some people went through great pains to actually IMPLEMENT tearoff menus everywhere, which is highly confusing to me who finds them extremely annoying and useless. I believe it should be rather simple to provide an option, right in that great preferences dialog that everyone loves, in the "interface" category, right below the "Dialog Behaviour" (or maybe inside of it) frame, to have a check box that reads something along the lines of "Enable Tearoff menus". Another possible location for that option would be in the "interface", "general" frame, under the "recent documents list size". That would absolutely make my day. You know, I might even write a patch that does that, but considering the responses I got on these issues so far, it will not be welcomed too well. tc -- ・‥…━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━…‥・ timecop at japan.co.jp | OA通信サビース株式会社 | NTT DoCoMo I thought everything that Linus Torvalds is involved with was divine perfection? Must be a problem with NEC and Sony -about Crusoe recall ・‥…━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━…‥・