On Monday 13 August 2012 11:35:38 Ken Warner wrote:
> "But, continuing to *argue* here is fruitless."
>
> This is most certainly and sadly true.

How about looking at it this way...

We see the reasons behind the change, we were able to adapt to it.

Stating that GIMP that the changes are a regression is like saying just change
the version number and we'll call that development.

Learn to adapt to the changes. Maybe you'll feel better about yourselves.

> On 8/13/2012 11:20 AM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * maderios<mader...@gmail.com>  [08-13-12 14:09]:
> >>
> >> Libreoffice doesnt ask you, you choose or write what you want.
> >> When you want to save with Libreoffice, or any editor, you are free to
> >> choose the name or extension. It's just GTK dialog, clear and quick.
> >>
> >>   Impossible with Gimp-2.8. It's a regression.
> >
> > In *your* eyes and you are entitled to your *opinion*.  You have been told
> > it is to be, why do you continue to argue?
> >
> > You have been provided a ?work-a-round?.
> >
> > Seems you have four choices/avenues available:
> >    1.  Akkana Peck's plug-in
> >    2.  Create a fork
> >    3.  Use different software
> >    4.  Use GIMP as provided
> >
> > But, continuing to *argue* here is fruitless.

Fortune cookie for Tuesday, August 14, 2012:

The moss on the tree does not fear the talons of the hawk.