On 01/08/2014 02:03 PM, Bob Long wrote:
> Alexandre wrote,
>
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Helen wrote:
>>
>>> Several gimp users (including me) have said that the problem is that the
>>> file disappears.  It is gone.
>>> It is no longer on the screen.  I don't know  how to say this more clearly.
>> Step-by-step explanation of what you do and what happens usually helps.
>>
>> I vaguely recall that I tried following the previous discussion on
>> that and gave up because there was no such step-by-step explanation.
>>
>> Alexandre
> Yes. Back in June 2013.
>
> This seems to be Helen's initial description of the "disappears" "problem":
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2013-June/msg00145.html
>
> Thread "A sad case of regression ?"
>
> There were several detailed replies, but no real indication from Helen
> if we interpreted her question properly or if she understood our replies.

I'm still convinced it's misunderstanding:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list/2013-June/msg00154.html

She expects the image she just exported to be the composite JPEG file
that was saved.   People seem to think an image loaded in Gimp is
actually a particular file format (JPEG, PNG, XCF) instead of simply
being an "image" or image data.

Peace...

Tom

--