yes, thank you for that, but I donw't want to to import it as a new gimp
I want to still be able to see my jpg file.  This really is not about the
(slight in
my view) inconvenience of another keystroke.  It's about not being able,
of how many keystrokes, to see my file after it's exported.  I think I will
have to
give up because I can't seem to find the right words to make anyone

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno <> wrote:

> In time:
> In one of your previous messages, you say you loose a lot of time having
> to re-open the exported images to check them -
> Maybe you haven't noticed that exported images are listed
> in the "recent files" just as saved ones,
> and that the "ctrl + 1" keyboard shortcut
> will import, as  a new gimp image, any just exported message
> in seconds? (And this way you will actually see the image
> as represented in that file, on disk). So, maybe this will
> fix your perceived workflow from previous versions.
>   js
>  -><-

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3