yes, thank you for that, but I donw't want to to import it as a new gimp
image.
I want to still be able to see my jpg file.  This really is not about the
(slight in
my view) inconvenience of another keystroke.  It's about not being able,
regardless
of how many keystrokes, to see my file after it's exported.  I think I will
have to
give up because I can't seem to find the right words to make anyone
understand.

--
Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3